Poha Recipe, Steamed Poha, Bhap ke pohe, Street Style Poha, Indorie Poha, Street food Poha
#Poha_Recipe #StreetFood #IndorePoha
Flattened Rice (पोहा ) – 2 cup ( 150 gms )
Namkeen Sev (नमकीन सेव ) – 1/2 cup
Roasted Peanuts (मूंगफली के दाने ) – 1/3 cup
Coriander leaves(हरा धनिया ) – 1 to 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Curry Leaves (करी पत्ता ) – 15 to 20
Lemon (नींबू ) – 1
Turmeric Powder (हल्दी ) – Less than 1/4 tsp
Oil (तेल ) – 1 tsp
Sugar (चीनी ) – 2 tsp
Salt (नमक) – More than 1/2 tsp or to taste
Green chili (हरी मिर्च ) – 2 (finely chopped )
Black Mustard – (सरसों के दाने ) – 1/2 tsp
1. Take 2 cup poha of medium thickness in a mixing bowl. Wash and soak it, then drain out water. Wash again then drain water instantly.Do not keep the poha in water for long.Keep 1 tsp water, It helps poha to puff up.
2. Add 2 tsp sugar, little more than 1/2 tsp salt, Less than 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Mix all ingredients well. Add half a lemon’s juice i.e 2 tsp juice to the poha, mix well.Keep it aside for 5 minutes,then stir it again.
3. After 5 minutes, Toss the poha with the spoon and spread it.
4. Take a vessel big enough to place the colander filled with poha. Fill the vessel with 2 to 2.5 cup water and heat it. Turn on flame and cover the vessel with lid, so that it boils up quickly.
5. Place the poha in a colander.Spread the poha in the colander.Place the poha filled colander in the vessel.Keep the flame medium. Cook the poha on medium flame for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes , poha is cooked and ready.Turn off flame.Take out the poha in a serving bowl.
6. For tempering, heat a tadka pan. Add 1 tsp oil, heat it up. When sufficiently hot, add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 15 to 20 chopped curry leaves, 2 finely chopped de seeded green chilies. Slightly roast them. Add tempering to poha and mix it. Take it out in a plate.
7. Yummy and healthy steamed Poha is ready.Sprinkle a little namkeen sev over it, some roasted peanuts and green coriander for garnishing.If you wish you can keep a lemon wedge too. Enjoy this easy recipe anytime.
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website